Second Amarok 2 alpha released
The Amarok team has announced the release of the second alpha version of Amarok 2, the popular open source music player.
Codenamed Aulanerk, the second alpha has a number of new features including:
– A new interface for extracting tags from filenames;
– Context view applet to view albums;
– Automatic detection of non-UTF-8 charsets for metadata;
– Dynamic/Biased playlists improvements; and
– QtBindings support for the scripts
Full details of other features and changes can be found in the release announcement.