porn - javhd - hentai

linux archive

Jargon, compatibility major stumbling blocks for new Ubuntu users

June 18th, 2010 | No Comments » Tags: , , ,

Jargon that they didn’t understand, insecurity over compatibility with Microsoft Office and a lack of visual feedback when performing desktop actions were the key stumbling blocks for first-time Ubuntu users.

Eucalyptus OSS cloud befriends Windows

June 16th, 2010 | No Comments » Tags: , , , ,

Eucalyptus Systems has released an update to the commercial version of its open source private cloud software and has included support for Windows installations.

Dual-screen Kno tablet runs Linux

June 7th, 2010 | No Comments » Tags: , , ,

Kno has unveiled a giant (literally) dual-screen tablet PC that it is hoping will make inroads into the educational arena.

Moving from Linux to Mac OS X

June 3rd, 2010 | 1 Comment » Tags: , , ,

Former Tectonic editor Jason Norwood-Young moves to big media and gets seduced by the glitter and glamour of Apple. This is his story of switching from Linux to Apple.

Linux now runs more than 90% of top supercomputers

May 31st, 2010 | No Comments » Tags: ,

Linux has always been the top player in the supercomputing arena but now it is more popular than ever, running more than 90% of the world’s top supercomputers.

LPI approves new training partner in SA

July 7th, 2009 | No Comments » Tags: , ,

The Linux Professional Institute (LPI) has approved South African company Jumping Bean as an official LPI Training Partner. The LPI qualifications are an internationally recognised Linux industry certification.

Linux Foundation announces We're Linux video winners

April 9th, 2009 | 1 Comment » Tags: ,

Twenty-five year old Israeli designer Amitay Tweeto walks off with first prize in the Linux Foundation’s “We’re Linux” competition with his “What does it mean to be free?” video. The competition, to create a one minute video promoting Linux, attracted more than 90 entries from around the world since its launch in December.

Dell thin clients pre-loaded with Suse Linux

April 8th, 2009 | 1 Comment » Tags: , ,

Southern African IT distributor, Workgroup, is anticipating growth in the South African Linux thin client market and says that Dell’s OptiPlex FX160 devices will be available locally pre-installed with Suse Linux Enterprise Thin Client. Sally Berimbau, Novell product manager at Workgroup, says the distributor is anticipating “that the Linux thin client market will grow to almost double the number of units currently deployed by 2011”.

A netbook with Linux? Here are six options

April 1st, 2009 | 4 Comments » Tags: ,

When it launched the netbook phenomenon a couple of years ago, the most noticeable thing about the Asus EEE PC, apart from its size, was that it typically ran Linux. Suddenly everyone was predicting the demise of Windows and the rise of Linux. Microsoft, naturally, quickly backtracked on its end-of-life plans for XP and threw itself into the netbook market with the result that Windows now accounts for about 90% of the netbooks market and Linux the remaining 10%. So buying a netbook with Linux is not as easy as it initially promised to be. We scouted around to find a selection of mid-level netbooks that could be bought in South Africa with Linux pre-installed.

Fedora releases version 11 beta

March 31st, 2009 | 3 Comments » Tags: , ,

A couple of hours ago the Fedora team rolled out Fedora 11 Beta, the first test release of its latest open source release. As well as a truck-load of desktop enhancements and the latest desktop environments, including Gnome 2.26, KDE 4.2.1 and Xfce 4.6.0, Fedora 11 Beta also includes the ext4 filesystem as the default as well a experimental Btrfs support.

keep looking »